Days 46-55: Weeks 7&8- Boredom and Realizations

I have not had any classes in the past 2 weeks; therefore, I have been very bored. There was not much to do other than go to the gym and boxing, but Keke and I went to the mall a few times and went out to eat. Other than that, I did not do much. The daily routine has set in, and now my experience is very different than from when I first arrived. During these past few weeks I have realized that the infatuation of living abroad has worn off and now the days are becoming longer and tougher to get through. The struggle of missing my family and friends has definitely affected me and made this time here harder, but there is only a month left. For people looking to study abroad, if you are in a relationship (that is not very stable or is young) or have home-sick issues, I would not advise you to study abroad because this can really affect your ability to focus here and have a good experience. However, the experience definitely makes you more independent and teaches you how to be a better version of yourself.


Internship:

These past few weeks have been slow. I was able to help the doctor pop, inject, and drain an infected bump on a mans groin. I also gave another injection and learned the different kinds of injections such as intramuscular and intravenous. We also continued to do "ficha medica" on patients.

During procedure on the mans bump


Other things that happened:

I attended a bachelorette party with my host sister! It was very similar to an American bachelorette party because it had party games and music, but instead of having a stripper dance, they hired a dance agency to come do a small Latin dance. It was absolutely beautiful and unexpected.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Days 9-10: Cuenca y Muchas Fotos !!!

Days 56-59: The Galapagos Islands

Day 2: A Tour of Guayaquil