Arrival to Guayaquil

I arrived in Guayaquil around 10 pm, where my host family and two directors of the study abroad program were there to greet me. I was even more nervous than before because it all became real and there was no going back now. My host sister and her boyfriend were almost fluent in English, which eased my nerves a little bit.  However, my host mom did not speak any English, so speaking with her was more of a challenge, but I could tell she was very sweet. My host family was very friendly and took me back to their apartment to get settled in. The first thing I learned was not to drink the water from the tap and don't flush toilet paper or anything down the toilet. Instead, they put a trash bin next to the toilet for used toilet paper. Tomorrow we go sight seeing around Guayaquil!


                      Carlos (director) and Primavera (On Site director) with my host family and I


Cool things I learned:

You greet people with a kiss on the cheek
Uber is a popular way of travel and is very useful and inexpensive

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Days 9-10: Cuenca y Muchas Fotos !!!

Days 56-59: The Galapagos Islands

Days 4-5: Settling In